Thursday, February 02, 2006

I Now Have 3 Months in My Archives!!!

Yes, I do get excited about these things. As of yesterday, I am trying another attempt at the "new me." Yes it's cliche, but I don't give a crap. Those of you who know me well know that I often don't give a crap. I just do what I want or what I believe is right. So there.

Ha ha ha. Okay, so I'm full of piss and vinegar. It's part of this cliched new me thing. I said ONE thing in Swords's class today. And he pretty much said I was wrong and that I needed to be looking for details. Then he said we really needed to be reading the material. Okay, I DID read the material. I actually read the story when I was a sophomore too. Thing is, I AIN'T A BIG FAN OF SCOTT FITZGERALD. I'd rather read Hemingway please, even if you say he's a jerk. And I don't have anything against hunters--even though I'm a vegetarian--I just wouldn't want to be married to one, Tom.

I have beaucoup time now (I haven't used that sexy little French word since the last time I watched Full Metal Jacket, which incidentally, is a pretty dang good movie is you express anti-war/hippie-esque sentiments, such as I do). I don't know where this post is going exactly, so bear with me. Anyhow, back to the less than perfect Modern American Lit experience at approximately 10:32 this morning... last year, that sort of public humiliation would have led me to seriously consider slitting my wrists in the lady's room. Today however, I embraced being one of the lost generation (this is an inside joke to myself) and just got cocky about it. I haven't heard back from Justin, so perhaps he doesn't want to talk to me or he didn't recognize my name and deleted my email. Or maybe it didn't go through. Who knows, who cares.

Is it just me, or does 97% of this campus have an iPod?

If the newspaper really does start printing my columns like they say they will, I plan on having a party. Any of my friends wishing to treat me to an evening of cocktails and fondue can reach me at: www.sunshinejones.blogspot.com. Gotta go read some work by my favorite gender-bending far removed relative Willa C. for the time being, though.

No comments: