Monday, February 27, 2006

I didn't have time to proofread this, so please don't laugh

Okay... so the lucky one thinks I don't update enough. Maybe I could update every day during break, but while I'm in school, it's a little more difficult. So here goes:

Saturday: Mom, Brandy, and I went to Champaign. It was quite a fun little trip. I spent the $50 I had in Border's cards at... Borders (oddly enough) and bought 3 books. Thank you Aunt Becky for the first Fannie Flagg book. Thank you Sarah C. for the second Fannie Flagg book. And last and also least (just kidding of course) thank you Brandy for the collection of William Faulkner short stories. These are all Christmas presents, by the way. Mom bought me a raspberry mocha thing from the cafe in Borders (I really have to stop drinking coffee) and then we went to the mall and did our thing there. I bought an elastic hippie-type headband and an oversized brown flower shaped clip for my hair, both from Claire's. That was all I spent. Mom took pity on me and bought me a pretzel with cheese and a drink because I refused to buy my lunch. I got really depressed because I realized I didn't have any money to spend. I shouldn't have gotten that cute hair stuff at Claire's. Dang you, Claire's Boutique. But at least Mom bought me a few things. Then on our way home, Mom got extremely lost and started panicking because she thought we were all going to be trapped in Champaign for the rest of our lives. I don't know what was so scary about that, because what else do you need? We had a Borders in front of us, and a mall that had a Claire's and a pretzel place in it. I didn't see what there was to freak out about that. I tried to explain to Mom how to get home but she was just being hysterical and crying and not listening to me anyway. And the funny thing is, I was right about getting home. Anyway she called Dad and tried to get him to do a MapQuest map to get directions home (keep in mind we don't get out much) and he couldn't figure out how to do it, so she just got worse. Anyway, enough of that. We got home. Yadda yadda yadda.

Sunday: Went to church. I even went to class for once. Only to realize the church took a trip to Champaign Saturday too. Go figure. After church I came home and started studying for my Shakespeare midterm. I'm a little nervous about it. I want to keep my grades up. Just a hint of my perfectionism coming out. Sometime yesterday evening, I turned on the water in the kitchen sink to soak a pan (it had cooked beans, rice, and cheese, so yes, it needed to be soaked) and suddenly the water stopped flowing. "Hmm" I thought to myself, "what a strange occurrence" and so I asked Mother if there was any water running elsewhere and she informed me that she had just flushed the toilet. At my house, you can't have water running in two places at once or else the water shuts off. So I trudged downstairs, muttering to myself, and went over to the thing and flipped the switch. Nothing. I tried it several more times. When I started seeing sparks, I got mad and stomped upstairs, screaming near-obscenities. Dad laughed and went down there. I'm sure he was certain he could fix it. Hmmm... same thing happened with him. So we had no water until this morning. Last night I felt like I was dying and I don't really remember going to bed, so I don't know what went on there.

Monday morning: I woke up around 6:00 (very early for me) and read some Faulkner (for class, not the book I just got at Borders) and I had a blinding headache (which has since turned into an extremely near-sighted headache), my back was sore, and throat hurt, and I felt like I was going to throw up. I have no idea what that was all about. I'm mostly better now though. I got some stuff together and drove to my grandma's to take a shower. Boy was that fun! I'm glad I didn't see any mice. Before I came back home, I decided to bring my small electric heater and my prized Pineapple Willy's mug back with me. I feel complete now. Well... sorta. And now, I must finish getting ready, because I have two classes today, and then I'll go to work. "And now you know the rest of the story."


Anonymous said...

It was a very fun and interesting trip to Champaign!

theluckyone said...

well its good to knkow that someone listens to me. lol.