Friday, January 06, 2006

Shout-Out to Amanda for Teaching Me the Word "Catatonic"--I can't think of a title either

Can't believe it's almost time for school to start again. I mean, it seems like I had a long break, but I'm just not ready to go back yet. I got a little too used to going to bed at various times and sleeping in most days. I finally got around to looking at my schedule today. I'm getting such a case of senioritis that I don't think these things through 5 weeks in advance and stress over memorizing my schedule anymore. Although, I once had a reason for this obsession...

When I was in 6th grade, just starting junior high, I brilliantly left my schedule at home or lost it or something. Wasn't used to the setup of the junior high (though it was the exact same floorplan as the other wings of the grade school). Anyway, second hour, I was to have reading with Mrs. Shepherd, which I remembered as being at the end of the hall. Yes, I went to the end of the OTHER hall, and a slightly disgruntled Mrs. Plummer asked me who I was and why I was late for class. I learned that I had her 5th hour. She seemed pretty angry with my ignorance.

Enough of that story. In a nutshell, I'm going back to the same mindset I had in my arrogant junior high days. So hopefully on Monday I will remember my schedule, because I don't want any English professors thinking I am completely inept. Despite my senioritis, I really do take college pretty seriously.

I worked a couple hours today and had lunch with my party-hardy granny. She's still talking about what a good time she had on New Year's Eve. I can't much account for the space between 1:30 and 5:00, although I think I was on IM for a while and reading/knitting/etc. Quentin Compson = my man. Unfortunately, he's fictional. And dead. And even had he not committed suicide at 19, he would be dead of old age by now probably... he'd only be 115 years old. But yes, I can't help but fall in love with the kid. Only Sunshine would fall in love with a fictional suicide. One last note, totally unrelated to anything else I've mentioned: I love this outfit I'm wearing today. Nice warm sweater and the jeans make me look thin. Plus, the platforms add approximately 1.5 inches to my height. Gotta love clothes that lie about your figure... I know I do.

2 comments:

agitswhoiam said...

ha, thanks for the shout-out, i just love that word! such a great description for how i behave 80% of the time, usually when i should be doing something productive!

Anonymous said...

The break hasn't seemed too long to me. I still don't want to go back. I pretty much hate school by this point.

I have had nightmares about forgetting to bring my schedule with me to school (esp in jh) but it never happened to me. It was always a fear.

I can see why you would be in love with Quentin Compson-perfect match for you (if ya know what I mean).