Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Well friends and foes, it has been a lovely day. Wouldn't know it was January if you didn't look at the calendar. Or if you're me, you still wouldn't know. After church today we went shopping and Mom bought me a rolling cart to put my TV, etc. on. We spent a good part of the afternoon putting it together. I felt like one of the Monroe brothers from Green Acres, which, incidentally, is one of the best shows television has ever given us. With my mother's help, I got it together remarkably well. Personally, I think she should change her career to carpenter.

Also in the funny pages... my anti-New Year's Resolutions scheme is proving to be a success. My room is the cleanest it has ever been since I was in 4th grade, I have been eating better, and I've done a good job at keeping my temper. So once again, my twin Amanda and I have separately devised ingenious plans. I hope A.G.'s anti-resolution endeavors are going as well as mine seem to be. For anyone who DID make resolutions, I encourage you to try our new method next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am usually pretty good at keeping all or most of my New Year's Resolutions. Although this year I did not make any.

Thanks to my dear friend--I watched Green Acres for the first time in my life awile back-not bad-not bad.

Keep up the cleaning in your room.

agitswhoiam said...

This anti-resolution thing is working out great...no stress, no guilt for vegging out and eating brownies...this is the life.