Friday, January 27, 2006

And in My Hour of Darkness

I'm having another of my bipolar moments... no biggie. However, I'm playing "All Along the Watchtower" on LAUNCHcast or whatever. It was one of the first songs I learned to play on my guitar. I have had something of a chip on my shoulder lately and I'm getting to the point where I speak my mind (like at school today) and basically say whatever the "heck" I want to say. Although I didn't want to say "heck" just now...

I did an article review in my first class and read three poems in my second. I love talking in front of class! I'll just admit up front that I like the attention. I got an email from Jeff, who thinks McSweeney's is stupid for not publishing my list. He says when he starts his own humor book, I'll be in it. Where's the contract, Jeff? Still haven't heard back from the DEN about the potential column thing, so who knows.

Sarah, your food was really good tonight. And thanks for agreeing to take me to dinner. I'll choose a place sometime. I'm not sure where I want to go yet.

What do you all think of profanity? Is it all it is cracked up to be? What makes a word "bad"? I mean, I think the "S" word was kosher in middle English as referring to actual fecal material. What is so "clean" about saying "crap" or "poop" or "doo-doo"? Isn't it all the same? I'm listening to an unedited version of the Who's "Who Are You" which has the dreaded, infamous "f" word in it (twice!), but for some reason nobody ever catches it. I personally think this is hilarious, because people tend to never believe me when I say it's there. But whatever.

Well I have spent altogether too much time rambling tonight. Peace out all. In the words of John and Paul: "There will be an answer, Let It Be."

No comments: