Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yay! An Award!


***This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, Brilliant.

BJ has delivered this award to me, and I am very excited about it. I'm copying the rules from her page...

The rules:

When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.

Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!

Here are mine...


1. I once made a list of random things about myself that no one knew, but then I forgot the list when I actually needed it!

2. I nearly majored in Chemistry in college. I ended up in English.

3. I far prefer independent coffee houses to coffee chains.

4. Soon, I'd like to teach myself to tat.

5. I hate "chick flicks."

6. I've been "green" since before it was the style.

7. The Persistence of Memory is one of my favorite paintings, though I can never remember the title of it. Ironic, eh?

8. I love green olives--especially on pizza.

9. I miss typewriters.

10. I love the instrumental "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller Orchestra!

11. I like habanero pepper.

12. My favorite sport is hockey.

13. I have two parakeets, Jasper and Sunshine. Both hate me.

14. I'm an only child.


I would now like to pass this award onto the lucky seven.


Alisa, my Blogger friend who faithfully plays along with my Word of the Day blog.

Alisa & Nana, who offer up yummy recipes fresh from Nana's kitchen.

Anna, who keeps me in stitches because her sense of humor tends to click with mine.

Bobbi, who is just plain cool and somehow keeps up with all the writing prompts. I don't know how she does it.

C. Beth, who comes up with cool prompts everyday. I really need to start participating in her meme.

Linnea, who is a terrific photographer.

Roadchick, who has an incredible storytelling ability and always makes me laugh. I wanna write like her when I grow up!

7 comments:

Roan said...

Missing typewriters? You must have typed with fewer errors than me!

Anna Lefler said...

Hey, thanks, Sunshine! I really appreciate that!

And I loved your list...

Thanks again and take care...

:^) Anna

Linnea said...

Hi Sunshine, Thanks so much for finding my blog "brilliant". I'm happy that you enjoy looking at my pics, and thanks for the award. I'll have to see if I can come up with some "victims" of my own. Fun learning more about you, too!

lilly said...

I hate 'chick flicks' too. It's always nice to learn a little more about you.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! It was a surprise and an honor to get an award!!

Alisa Callos said...

Thank-you times two Sunshine! I feel so honored.

I'm with BJ...you're nuts to miss typewriters. I'm with you on chick flicks...give me an action/adventure movie any day!

Roadchick said...

Thanks! I appreciate it!