Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Random Today Stuff...

I woke up at 7:00 this morning. That's pretty good, I suppose, considering that I went to bed around midnight and couldn't sleep well due to my sinus congestion. I would have gotten up to take a Benadryl or something, but I keep having these crazy flashbacks to a time when I took too much Benadryl and The Wall (the Pink Floyd album) actually started making sense to me. This time I opted to just massage my forehead and hope for the best. Apparently, I slept enough because, though I was a little groggy at 7:00, I was quite ready to actually get out of bed by 8:00 instead of falling back asleep.

Since I didn't have to go to work today, I decided to continue my movie review of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (coming soon, I hope, to a blog near you (A.K.A. this one)). Then, I decided that since I hadn't read the short story of the same name, I wasn't quite ready to review the movie. So yeah, I read the story. I also dried three loads of laundry (one of the cats, Snugs, got in the basement during the laundry-drying, and my dad had to get her out). Then, during another episode of laundry-drying, I heard a phantom door-opening and yelled for the cats to all stay upstairs. It wouldn't have been such a major catastrophy had the basement not been housing a poinsettia. Anyway, my yelling must have discouraged whatever criminal was trying to sneak into the basement. As I headed back towards the stairs, the door was wide open, and I saw a very guilty-looking Abby staring at me.

In other news, I've been crocheting a doily for my cousin for her wedding. Perhaps I'll take a photo and post on here when it's done.

3 comments:

Roan said...

I'm looking forward to your review. So, would you explain The Wall?

"Sunshine" said...

Heh--something like each person that puts forth resistance becomes "another brick in the wall." It made more sense at the time. :)

Unknown said...

Benadryl and The Wall - what a combination!!