Monday, January 12, 2009

Quarter-Life Crisis

Okay, so maybe I am sort of quarter-life crisis-ing. After all, I have started a mental list of moderately unrealistic goals, and I've been poring over my atlas, dreaming of trips I'd like to take in the near future. Still, I don't think I'm taking it that bad...

* * * * * * * *

A few days ago I ordered some craft supplies from a company in Wisconsin called Herrschners. I was so excited when I received an email saying that the order had been shipped. I had it sent to my mom's work, since it would be delivered UPS, and I might or might not be home when the package would arrive. So, when my mom came home for lunch today carrying a large cardboard shipping box, I figured it was my Herrschners order. It was! I was so excited. I took the needlepoint pillow kit out of the box. Then I took out the aida cloth. I decided to put the embroidery floss into a Ziploc bag to keep it all together for when I decide to cross stitch my African elephant from my safari book. As I was digging out handfuls of the DMC floss, my hand kept getting snagged on the various ads and other crap that comes along with a shipment and its invoice. I just haphazardly threw most of these papers out, until I encountered the AARP Financial Life Insurance Program card. So Herrschners assumes that because I order cross-stitch supplies that I am retirement age?

Now I'm really alarmed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have recovered from the sinus congestion. I liked you monochromes. And yes i have no idea why we so many stereotypes....annoys me big time.

Roan said...

Yet another blow. I promise you, you're NOT old. Now if you start heading out for that geriatric dance, we'll know you're in trouble!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!
What an insult.....lol
Cheeky Monkey's. :-)

Marguerite said...

Funny. Believe me, you're not old. But neither am I--just in denial!

Unknown said...

I have loved everything I have ever ordered from Herrschners!

As for AARP, my hubby and I are already getting enrollment cards in the mail. Oh the shame of approaching middle age.:(

"Sunshine" said...

Thank you for the support, ladies!

I seriously do love Herrschners--I just thought the AARP thing was a hoot!