Saturday, April 22, 2006

English Conference

Today is the English conference at EIU. Kris and I are going to present creative writing pieces. We're the only ones in our group. Yesterday, he walked with me to Buzzard to turn in my column to the DEN. Then he walked me out to my car and we proceeded to sit in the parking lot behind my car for 4 hours. Just talking and laying around. We both got a lot of sun. I am really tanned now, and Kris will probably have a pretty painful sunburn soon (if he doesn't have one yet). We talked about all sorts of crap--it was a lot of fun. Then I dropped him off at his apartment. I went home and worked on my paper for the conference today and watched Carrie. Great movie--very sad, totally unrealistic, but I liked it a lot. Then I attempted to watch Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. Wow. I can't believe I used to like Pee-Wee Herman. And furthermore, I can't believe Kris still does. I managed to fall asleep during PW's BA, though. Oh, I also started on my poetry book (finally). I have around 12 pages of poetry. I need 30. Yikes. I called Sarah and talked to her for a while. Brandy called me too. I'm glad that school is about out though.

After the conference, Kris and I are going to see Silent Hill at the theater. It will probably scare me a lot. Then I plan on heading to Brandy's house. Hopefully Rach will still be there. She was wanting to come to my house, but I'm going to Brandy's house. Hopefully it will turn out to be a fun day.

By the way... I know this is short notice, but anybody who doesn't have a life and wants to see me and my man presenting today, we're in room 3170 on the 3rd floor of Coleman Hall at EIU at 10:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang it Carissa,
What do u think. I have a life by myself. Just kidding with ya.