Thursday, March 16, 2006

Melancholy

Spring Break is almost over, folks. I worked a little over 4 hours today (as you all know, that is a long day for yours truly). I'm tired of sad posts, but I checked the online newspaper obits and I think Dave (the guy that had the heart attack at the church) died Tuesday night. I don't think there are two people in the area with the same name. Sad times.

But I'd love to change the subject now. My buddy Barry can't seem to get into a PhD program, so if all my praying readers wouldn't mind, I'd like to ask you guys to pray for him that he can find something to do. And also that his Wednesdays will go better.

Anonymous Poetry Guy sent me a mass email today wishing me and a bunch of his other friends a good Spring Break. It's been pretty dramatic thus far to say the least. Went to see Derk yesterday. That was a lot of fun. Sometime I'd like to have a tour of the house. Haven't seen Lisa in a while either (hint hint). I bought a new video game last night. Medal of Honor European Assault I think was the name of it.

Mom ate her first tuna in 23 years at lunch today. Dad is trying to get us all to start eating tuna and salmon because it has omega-3 or something that is supposed to regulate heartbeat and prevent skipping. Goodness knows I need that because my heart skips periodically. But here's the thing: I've never eaten fish before. I don't think I can do it. It is just too gross to think about. I don't know what I'm going to do either. Probably just my hormones being out of whack like they always are (which accounts for my self-diagnosed bipolar disorder) but I get really depressed seeing live fish because they look so sad. So how do you expect me to eat them?

No comments: