Monday, March 06, 2006

Advisement

I'm tired of advice. I brought in an awesome poem to class today that I thought my prof and that kid that sits next to me would like. Well, they thought it was okay but suggested several changes. Whatever dudes. At least Anonymous Poetry Guy likes it. Anonymous Poetry Guy likes everything I write. And pretty much everything I say too, it seems. I don't much care for poetry advice anyway. Then, I met with my advisor, who told me I need not two, but THREE classes in the fall, and why don't I take a fourth so I can get financial aid. I later realized that I think she didn't count my Shakespeare class that I'm in right now, and maybe I'll only have to take two after all. If that's the case, then I'm not taking two extra just to try to get a little financial aid. Crunch the numbers folks, I think I'd be saving money AND taking half the number of classes. Plus, I don't want to run the risk of watering down my GPA on classes I don't even need.

Speaking of watering down, we won't be watering down much around here for a while. We don't have water again today. I don't know what is going on, but it is making me mad. We have water in the well, but there is some valve on the pump that is screwing up or something. I don't know.

I worked two and a half hours today, and that was enough. Then I came home, snacked, chatted on IM, and finally got around to homework. I managed to finish out a rough draft of my senior seminar paper (thank goodness) before spring break. Now I'm working on Faulkner stuff for the 10 page research paper (AKA midterm) for my American lit class. But at least I like Faulkner.

No comments: