Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lambert's Cafe--The Only Home of Throwed Rolls-- Since 1942

Well, I've had yet another case of bipolarness. I think it has something to do with me and Brandy's gondo-fight yesterday morning. Plus I miss Kris--haven't seen him in exactly one month. I guess he's been needing some time to think about things. Not sure what that was supposed to mean. I think the trip is driving him crazy and he wanted to get out of England (which is what this weekend was set aside for). Hopefully he's not getting that goofy idea to move out of the country again. I don't know what makes him tick sometimes.

I got him a little something yesterday as a welcome home gift. Hopefully he'll like it. I'm not really sad, but I'm not happy either. I'm in a strange state of bittersweet melancholy that I used to get all the time and I don't like it. I had a good time at church today--got to see my cousins Sarah and Tony Jones. Lots of Joneses running around, aren't there?

Mom and I might possibly be planning another trip--this time to Iowa. I would like to look at the University of Iowa and try my hand at getting into their Creative Writer's Workshop. Tennessee Williams went there, if that says anything.

If it doesn't say anything, then I'll just put it this way--a lot of published authors have gone there, so on the slim chance that I could get in, it would drastically help my chances of getting published. Still wouldn't be a guarantee though.

I finally got around and revised and sent my column. I don't know why I worry about those things so much, but man, do they ever stress me out until I get them e-mailed.

I will probably have to go to work tomorrow afternoon and I really don't want to. I'm so lazy. At least I'll have Tuesday off. Not sure what other days I'll have to work, if any.

I guess I should get back to my own creative work again. I have started a memoir, but I quit on it for a substantial amount of time. I keep starting things that I never finish.

Fannie Flagg's new book Can't Wait to Get to Heaven comes out on the 4th! I'm pretty excited. I may just have to go up to Champaign and get a copy of it that day. How patriotic of me.

Congrats to Val who may be getting a new job soon! I hope you get it and that you like it. And yeah, please help Amanda and me navigate around the U of I.

Well, I don't have anything else to say. I don't know why my mood is so erratic like this--it's pretty terrible, really. Sorry for not being my sunshiney self today, guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is happening to my best bud? Cheer up lil dude.

Anonymous said...

Glad I got to chat with you, and it seems that you are better-good deal.