Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm glad they don't call ME Tater Salad...

Well this morning I feel hopeful. My mood generally is based at least partially on how I wake up in the morning, which is usually based at least partially on what sort of dreams I have the night before. I mean, yeah I had some strange dreams, but nothing bad and I think that's why I'm in a better mood.

Haven't heard from Kris yet, but I think he's home now.

I was planning on editing my column and emailing it to Nora last night but I ended up attempting to watch Brothers Grimm. If anybody likes that movie, I'm sorry, but I couldn't watch it--it was pretty stupid. Kevin recommended it to me, but pretty much said it helped to have a little liquor in you when you watch it.

I believe it.

So after I had all I could take of Brothers Grimm, I put in the othermovie I borrowed from Lisa about three years ago, The Blue Collar Comedy Tour Movie. It was okay. Some things made me laugh a lot, but a lot of it was pretty dang predictable--probably because they were saying things similar to things I say on a regular basis. Especially that Bill guy that does "Here's your sign" because I am so sarcastic all the time and people are always asking me such obvious questions. *sigh*

And then...

"If you can identify with at least 50% of the redneck jokes that Jeff Foxworthy tells... you... might be a redneck"--nuff said on that subject, folks.

I'm sorry but I just don't get Ron White's humor for the most part. I'm surprised that guy has lived long enough to do the stupid movie. I swear I think every time he appeared he was smoking and usually had a drink in his hand. Then at the end they're at Waffle House and anybody who's not familiar with Waffle House, they have these hashbrowns and they like to brag that there are like a million different ways you can order them. So Ron White orders some of them with like everything possible and it about killed me just thinking about it. Barf, Ron.

Well, I think we're going to try to move some furniture and do some housecleaning. And of course, don't let me forget to finish up my newest column. My last column--which I thought was pretty good if I do say so--was not printed in the DEN. Grr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I commented in "I Knew He'd Do This" Just so ya know. I hope I didn't put my foot in my mouth.

I do not like Ron White either...He's creepy...

Anonymous said...

<3M That was me up there! /\

"Sunshine" said...

Thanks Megs!