Sunday, May 28, 2006

I'll Be Your Friend For a Day...

Well what a loverly day. My birdie-poos woke me up circa 7:00 A.M. but that's okay because I stayed up waaaay too late last night trying to work on the column that was due at 4:00 P.M. today. I would have written it sooner but...

1) I sorta forgot until Saturday morning
2) I spent most of Saturday driving around with my family as they decorated graves
3) I went to Jenni's party and got home around 9:00
4) Kris called me a little before 9:00 and talked until 10:00
5) I missed some calls from Brandy while I was talking to Kris, so I called her back and talked approximately 2 hours
6) I was working on the column during that time, but was too tired to proofread it well and send it

Side notes-- Kris is in mucho pain from a canker sore. He's trying to hurry around and get ready for England--I'm getting sad and going to miss him a lot. He leaves a week from today. My main circle seems to all rag at the same time. I think you all know what that means. And Jenni's party was kind of fun, despite the fact that I indeed WAS ragging and in a pissy/depressed mood much of the time. It was good to see Kara too--hadn't seen her in a while.

Anyway, I got up this morning, revised Mr. Column and sent it to Nora at the DEN. It should be printed Tuesday. I am glad that I have tomorrow off. I mean, I never work, but come on, my parents both have the day off too. And don't forget--tomorrow is their 35th wedding anniversary. But remember, you didn't hear it from me.

Hey I saw Megan yesterday. I also sort of saw Dee Brown. I wasn't going to pay any $15 or $20 to get an autograph or a pic though. In fact, I'm no Illini fan. It was sort of cool I guess to see him and the other two at Wal-Mart. Of course Val knows all of them since she went to school there.

But back to Megan...

I hadn't seen her in a while, and it was awesome to see her yesterday. She tells me she saw RV and thought of my because I guess Will got up in front to tell them the same stuff he told us. She wanted to mention about me smarting off to that Will, but she says she didn't...

Thanks for giving me a holla yesterday Meggers!!

I went to church today and my pastor was acting like I was some sort of rebel for missing last week or whatever. It was more than a little embarrassing. And then we have Vickie meeting Windy over here, bringing back memories of Rachel at the party (or should I say "farty") last night.

I went to class today because I had to keep up with the Jonses (that is, Sarah and Rebecca). I only go to class when they do. I can't believe Harold Guenther is getting married. I shocked the class when Marcus asked us when Martin Luther was born (keep in mind, most of these kids didn't know who he even was... they thought he was talking about MLK Jr., you know, the civil rights guy). I got so excited that I messed up the year, but I blurted out, "NOVEMBER 10th, 18... no I mean...NOVEMBER 10th 1383!" the actual year was 1483, as Sarah pointed out to me, but that's okay. I just know because my man Luther is exactly 500 years older than I.

To the day.

I figured Kris, being a Lutheran, would find my immense Martin Luther knowledge fascinating. I guess, maybe he's not impressed because that's really about all I know about Martin Luther. I just get excited that he has the same b-day as me.

Can you say, "psychological evaluation" boys and girls?

After church, we went to Wal-Mart and got some groceries, cards, and a few pet supplies (including stuff for my birds).

My Aunt Flo has been screwing around with my emotions and making my apparent bipolar disorder even more severe than normal. Right now I'm just sleepy though. By the way, I came within about 400-600 points of meeting a goal in Tony Hawk, which would, in turn, unlock the Rio level.

Oh Rio Rio dances on the Rio Grande.

Speaking of which, I think Duran Duran is my birds' favorite band. And their new names are going to be Jasper and Sunshine. I don't think many people will be shocked at the names.

Well, I'm really tired and I'm probably forgetting important information, but as Groucho Marx said in some Marx Brothers movie that I don't recall... "I must be... going."

Sunshine Jones sends her love to all :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a good time with you at the party and talking on the phone.

I love your posts-you are a very funny person.

Anonymous said...

Turns out it wasn't Dee Brown it was Luther Head and he was freaking yummy!! <3M