Monday, May 15, 2006

The Ballad of...

Ah yes, the second half.

Okay, this is for Megan. I heard that she was graduating this spring, though she has to make up a couple classes in the summer, so I was like hey cool, let's see if I can find her. Well, I did. I found her in the booklet, so I made sure I was paying attention until she walked across the stage too. And although I was in the student center, I applauded loudly for her. I'm sorry you couldn't hear me as part of your cheering section, Megs :(

And now for the Kris date/Mother's Day/today stuff...

So I met Kris at 1:00 at Coleman Hall (our old stomping grounds at EIU) and he looked nice. He shaved the stubble around his goatee and I really liked his jacket, though he kept going on about it being ratty and stuff. Oh yeah, and he showed up chewing gum and kept eating breath mints like candy, so I don't know what he had in mind :)

His car was a little messy, but I'll forgive him because my car is always as bad or worse. In fact, it makes me feel a lot better about myself. So we went to the movie, RV. I figured it would be a stupid movie, and it was, but it was actually pretty funny too. I find that I am getting a lot more affectionate. Maybe Mom is right and absence really does make the heart grow fonder. It felt good to be around him again. I really missed him.

However, before the movie started...

Some guy named Will got up in front of the audience and told us to turn off our cell phones, showed us where the exits were, and said he'd make one lap around the theater with a flashlight in case any of us needed to ask any questions. Umm... okay?

When he finished his filibuster speech, the theater was still quiet, but I was stupid enough to assume that people had started talking... yeah... and when Will thanked us, I said loudly, "No, thank YOU, Will" in a really jerky voice. Kris said, "That's what I like about you" and put his arm around me. I was just hoping I wouldn't get kicked out of the movie before the previews even started...

Then of course we were the last ones out of the theater. How embarrassing is it when the lights suddenly come on and you and your boyfriend are still snuggling, and the theater employees are watching you. Nothing major, but stuff like that embarrasses me.

Anyway, we went to the mall and looked for a copy of Jane Austen's Persuasion for Kris. No luck. Then we went to Fazoli's to eat. It was good. We had a good visit there until we both ended up needing to go to the bathroom. After that, we decided to go to Wal-Mart to look for Persuasion. Yeah... no luck. Then we came back to EIU and each had to go our separate ways. It was a very good time though. I hated for the afternoon to end.

And now, for Mother's Day...

So I saw my former 2nd grade teacher/Sunday School teacher who has been living in Russia for years as a missionary. She and her husband were selling some Russian stuff to fund their work I think. Mom got me a doll in a green dress and I love it. Mom got a balloon and Grandma got 4. On Mother's Day, the mothers get balloons to release. The balloons are purchased at $10 apiece that go towards missions or something. It's called Mother's Memorial. Anyway, I didn't get to see Mom and Grandma release their balloons because Dad insisted that I pick out a doll. That's okay though. Then we spent hours at Wal-Mart. That's about it for Mother's Day.

Today...

I worked for an hour and a half this afternoon. Before work, I pulled some weeds out of the garden. Fascinating, I know. After work, I didn't do much except act stupid singing, and read some on my Fannie Flagg book. I'm getting pretty used to this business of being on break and not having to do a whole lot.

I am going to try to go to JY's graduation Friday. Thanks for hooking me up with the info about that, RC. I might have to go to work tomorrow afternoon too. I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I guess I won't be going with SC and BW and TH tomorrow to pick up applications. I guess this post wasn't that great after all. Sorry about that, guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a little bit worth reading once again-except snuggling with a nasty pig-what a turn off. And what do you see so wonderful?-now that is the question.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I feel special! Thanks for the applause! <3M

"Sunshine" said...

You're welcome, Meg!

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»