Thursday, June 01, 2006

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!

I finally finished the book of the same name today. And then I got the brilliant idea to start my other Fannie Flagg book, Standing in the Rainbow. However, I liked the structure of WTTWBG far better than that of SITR. WTTWBG was comprised of a whole heck of a lot of tiny chapters that at first appear to have nothing to do with one another but by the end of the book it all comes together. I like that style. In fact, if I ever get the chance to write a book and DON'T give up on it after about 10 pages (as has been the case with my other numerous book attempts) I think I will write in that sort of style. It is easy to read and easy to write. You can write it however you want and then organize the chapters later. It's a very clever idea and the anticipation factor keeps the readers from putting the book down. Well... unless the reader is me, I guess. I mean, I stopped reading that book for probably two or three weeks once. But it wasn't that it was boring, it's just that I have to be in the mood to read, or else it just doesn't jive.

Totall off topic--my birds seem to be having a better day. Probably one of the best since they came here. Not a lot of fighting going on. In fact, they even started looking at themselves in their mirror.

I worked almost 4 hours today and got two trips to Toledo in. I feel wealthy. But then I remember the check I got in the mail today for less than $40. Remembering that I still owe my father $40 and my mother $2, I don't feel quite so rich after all.

So never mind about that.

Kris is leaving for England this Sunday. I'm kind of worried about his trip, what with the long flight over lots and lots of water, and the fact that last year's EIU Harlaxton trip came altogether too close to a terrorist attack in London. We're talking blocks from the hotel and a bus that some of them were going to take. I'm trying not to be overly concerned, but it is still a worry.

Anyway, tomorrow, he and I are supposed to get together in Charleston to do something (still not sure what yet) before he leaves. I have a couple small gifts to give him also. I'm looking forward to it.

Rach, I don't think I'm going to be able to go with you to the petting zoo deal this weekend after all. I forgot that Mom is supposed to take me and my grandma out to dinner on Saturday. Remember me while you're riding on the elephant though :)

I'm looking for something to write my new column on. Sorry about the improper usage of prepositions, but by this point, who really gives a spit, eh?

My column still hasn't been printed yet. I'm beginning to get concerned. However, Maurice's is in. I was wondering if he was ever going to write one this summer. I can't fathom why Kris doesn't try to write a few this summer. He said Nora told him he could. I guess he's too obsessed with Jane Austen--lol. Yeah right.

I wish I could write a book with three characters named "Charles" in it. Seriously, Jane, couldn't you have thought up a couple other names?

Well, that's about all I have for today, folks. Hopefully with a little luck I can start in on next week's column tonight. Later dudes...

No comments: