Thursday, January 14, 2010

One of those Days...

Okay, so I know now why I was on pins and needles about the all-too-good day I was having yesterday. It was in preparation for what happened just after I woke up this morning. I was lying in bed musing about how embarrassing it would be for me if my light ever burned out in my room because I'd have to ask my cousin or her husband to replace it for me. And I have a terrible aversion to asking for help/feeling like a nuisance. Yes, even over a burned out bulb. Anyway, I'd been contemplating this for some time, but decided that I needed to really wake up and get going on this day. After all, it's a meeting-free day that doesn't involve class planning, so I really needed to get up and make the most of it. As I was rolling over in bed to reach for my laptop (I find the Internet a very nice way to wake up), a board or two fell out from under the bed and now the northwest corner of the box springs is now on the floor, and my bed's a bit droopy.

Yes, that's right all you James Thurber fans. The bed fell. Sorta. It made a horrendously loud noise and I was afraid that people would come running up wanting to know if I was okay and all that. Sure, I'm fine. The bed, on the other hand...

So I was thinking, just now as I sit on the floor because I don't want to get on the bed for fear of what might happen next, this is going to be far more embarrassing than asking someone to fix a lightbulb. The first actions I took were to clean around and under the bed, just in the event that anyone might come barging into my room (fortunately, no one did; the walls in this house are fairly soundproof). The second thing I did was to get on here and blog about it. Now, my next plan of action is to see if I can fix it. I don't know what the deal is, but I really hope that it's manageable because I don't want them to have to buy another bed.

I suppose if worse comes to worst, there's always that air mattress.

No comments: