I've just been tagged by BJ to complete the following little meme about Christmas. I'm just going to copy and paste the directions I got from BJ, who in turn got them from Blue... etc., etc.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends! Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, & try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy and paste into a new form. Change all the answers so that they apply only to you. Then post it!
And, do remember to tell, all you tag, that they are playing too!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I'm a lazy and terrible wrapper. Definitely gift bags. As far as opening, I'm OCD about not tearing paper, so bags generally work better for me to open, though I really have no preference.
2. Real or artificial tree?
Artificial. I think a real one would be nice, but we haven't the space. Plus, our cats want to eat the plastic one, so a real one would be disastrous...
3. When do you put up the tree?
Mom starts fussing the day after Thanksgiving. Generally the tree goes up sometime between the day after Thanksgiving and the first whole week of December.
4. Wreath on your door?
Can't say we've ever done that.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Nope--I'm more of a cider person.
6. Favourite Xmas gift received as a child?
Cold hard cash. I always liked to pool my money and buy something "big" with it. Of course, something "big" usually cost 10, maybe 20 dollars...
7. Easiest person to buy for?
Definitely Mom. She always has a wish list that could reach to Timbuktu!
8. Least easiest?
My grandma. She already has everything.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I think we have a small one. I don't remember putting it up for a long time though. This probably involves our cats who like to rearrange decorations...
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Oh definitely snail-mail. I'm not an "instant gratification" type of person. Waiting is the best part!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Probably something that was a "recycled" gift. I don't really remember details...
12. Favourite Christmas Movie?
Definitely It's a Wonderful Life. Okay, I don't care what you say. I know Frank Capra was a propaganda-monger. I know it's a cheesy movie. I know it's not my type. I just like it, okay! ;)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Oh dang. Christmas IS coming up, isn't it...
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think I've ever done this. Mainly because I have always feared I'd send the gift back to the person I received it from. I remember the gifts, I get confused as to who sent them.
15. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning?
Actually, we generally have a garage party gift-opening fest at my granny's Christmas night! We really do have to wait for it.
16. Lights on the tree?
I guess... I tend to prefer white or some other single-colored light.
17. Favourite Christmas song?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I stay home, though I'd travel if I could and if I had need to. But wait, I don't like being out in snowy/icy weather.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Oh yeah, baby! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, Rudolph (I had to have help from Mom on Dasher and Vixen though)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Good question. I think it's an angel, but I'm not positive...
21. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
23. Favourite Tree ornament, theme or colour?
Blue and silver antique ornaments. Love 'em!
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner?
For the past several years I've been bringing my cheesy potato soup to the garage party. We do soup and a cheeseball. It works well. My soup and bread are my favs (that's why I bring 'em!)
25. Brussel Sprouts - love or hate them?
26. Favourite accompaniment to the Christmas Pud?
Something tells me this is probably not something a vegetarian would eat, so I'm going with: n/a
27. Favourite Christmas Carol?
I suppose "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear." I like several though.
28. Your very Favourite Christmas Thing?
Taking turns opening the gifts at the garage party. We get to see what everyone received, taking turns makes the event last, and we sometimes have wrapping paper fights afterwards.
29. A Christmas wish!
30. Tag a Seasonal Six!
I'll tag Ray, Pansy, and Rachel. Anybody else who wants to play along is certainly welcome!
Lucie - Our Shady Dog
13 minutes ago