Sunday, October 19, 2008

Random Thought About Food...

If you like jalapenos, then try the quepapas from Pizza Hut. They rock! I first tried them in Winslow, Arizona, naively thinking they were a Southwestern specialty. When I got back to Illinois, I learned that they were offered here, too. But who cares? Now I know that I don't have to go all the way out to Winslow to get them. I just had some this afternoon, a few minutes ago.

It's getting to be the time of year for soup, as well. I made a potato, broccoli, and cheese soup a few days ago. It was pretty good, except for the broccoli. I'm just not a fan of green vegetables. I try to force myself to eat them, though, because they are good for you.

Related to soup, I've also been wanting to bake bread for quite some time, but never seem to actually do it. Does anyone know why this is? Somehow I'm too lazy to measure out flour, honey, salt, milk, yeast, oats, gluten, and water and then press a couple buttons on my breadmaker. And really, though the bread takes a while to bake, it's not like I've had to go to work for two weeks. You'd think I'd be able to find the time...

No comments: