Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Come From...

...the country. The middle of nowhere. In my first draft of this post, I claimed to get "teary-eyed" listening to Charlie Daniels. Okay, that might have been a little extreme, but I do appreciate the music of the CDB... among many others, I may add.

But I don't fit perfectly into that "hillbilly" category. I have varied interests, and thus, fit in with a variety of people. I have friends whose backgrounds widely differ from my own, and I have friends whose backgrounds are similar to mine. It's good to break out of stereotypes because I feel comfortable in many different situations.

See what the other Scribblers are saying! Check out Sunday Scribblings for more offerings.

4 comments:

floreta said...

i don't think any one person can fit into a stereotype or group entirely.. but that's the beauty of it.

Roan said...

Well said. I like having a bit of that hillbilly lurking beneath the surface. I think it keeps us grounded.

Rosey said...

I come from Primrose Hill in the heart of London. I suppose you could call me a Primrose Hillbilly!

SSQuo said...

Youre a global citizen and thats just the way it should be. :)