Thursday, December 24, 2009

Potato Pancakes!

Okay, I know this is unorthodox and wrong, and possibly even sinful, but I made potato pancakes without egg. In fact, I just stirred up some Potato Buds, milk, margarine, and water, then stuck this in the microwave for a minute, and browned them in a nonstick skillet without any oil, etc.

They were really good.

I'm feeling a bit more festive now; so much so that I actually had Dad pick up two kinds of ribbon (curling ribbon and wire ribbon) so I can decorate my gifts nicely. Yeah, just so they'll be ripped open and damaged beyond recognition in around 28 hours or so.

And you know what? I don't even care about the rushed Christmas thing anymore. I'm just glad to have some days off. I'm hoping to shoot some pool while I'm here, and I definitely need to go to Jean's house and play some Wii, and heck, I might even find the time to make some more potato pancakes.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad your day is going better. I'm kind of having a blah day here. Lots to do (cleaning and prep) but I don't feel like doing anything productive. I think that's why I've been on the computer a lot today. Much more enjoyable. :)

Merry Christmas!

Alisa Callos said...

Did you find some chocolate? I speak from personal experience when I say it's the bomb-diggity for cheering you up...
That or a glass of really old scotch :D

Roan said...

I'm glad the grinch went away. Christmas will be much more fun for your family with you in a more festive mood. Merry Christmas! ;)

"Sunshine" said...

Alisa: It was hot chocolate, but I think it did the trick! Merry Christmas :)

BJ: My dad and I are the most cynical people in the world. Even he was excited about Christmas yesterday. That was a sure sign that I needed to snap out of it. Merry Christmas!