Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Dear Jerry and Bobby,

I only think it fair to address this letter to both of you, seeing as how its content kind of involves all three of us.

Jerry: Your guitar skills are through the roof. So much so that I actually bought another guitar and would like to try my hand at lead. Nothing like you could do, but at least a start.

Bobby: I like the rhythm your strumming produces; you have a nice voice; you are extremely hot from the 1960s to the early 1990s. Yes, I realize you're married and have children. Just sayin'.

Fact is, boys, I'm realizing that I'm leaning towards yet another vocalist, here. Jerry, I love you on "U.S. Blues." You know I can't get enough of it. I actually saw an Uncle Sam hat shaped pinata at Wal-Mart the other day. I considered putting it on, but there was no one around to take my picture. Then I thought about buying it, but I passed. Anyway, I also love you on "Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo" and "Ramble on Rose," to name a few.

And Bobby, I think the world knows that one of my favorites from you is "One More Saturday Night," although I also love "I Need a Miracle" and "Samson and Delilah."

But guys, neither of you quite has the blues shouting skills that Pig Pen had. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but it's true. I've heard "Easy Wind" three times in the past three days. And each time, it excites me more. I'm really getting a taste for this blues sound. In fact, I got really excited hearing some of his work on Sirius 32 the other day. Does this mean I'm leaving the two of you? Of course not. But please, understand my needs, guys, and don't be hurt if I start listening to more McKernan for a few days. I'm kind of new to his sound.

Thanks for understanding.

Your fan,
Sunshine Jones

No comments: