Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I spent today recovering from yesterday and I'm feeling much better now. Throat is still a little sore, but no biggie. I spent most of the morning trying to bake a hot fudge cake from scratch. It was a success. I didn't much care for it though. Been cleaning my room--now that I'm on break I really don't have a good excuse for the condition of my room. Plus if I don't hurry up and at least make an attempt, my mother will get ahold of it, and I pity the person whose room has been gone-over by my mother.

It was kind of cool going through all the old crap I should have thrown away years ago. Ran across my old 8th grade dance picture and stuff I just can't part with from back in the days when I had my old 6th grade boyfriend. I must have been obsessed because today I happened upon one of his spelling tests. Word #11 to describe Sunshine in '96, p-s-y-c-h-o...

Yeah I am a nut for nostalgia, I'll admit it up front. But hey, the way I see it, I won't remember anything otherwise. Anyway, I spent most of the rest of my evening finishing a kid's book I borrowed from my grandma. Great book if you're a nostalgia nut like yours truly. Kinda sappy, but I won't write a review on it. The guy's name is Richard Peck and his two stories are fictional accounts of Chicago kids spending time in Depression-era small-town Illinois. Quite a change from my usual evening of several hours of Silent Hill 4.

There's not a whole lot of news today, which is a good thing. It occurred to me that I'd make a horrible feminist. Here I am going to college to earn a degree in a half-hearted attempt at independence. But what do I do on break? Traditional women's stuff: baking, cleaning, reading, knitting... it's people like me that set movements back 20 years. I'm only a quasi-feminist--I like the idea of staying at home and spending somebody else's money... just a thought for you all to consider tonight while you're lying awake in your beds.

1 comment:

agitswhoiam said...

That never occurred to me...I too would make a terrible feminist if my home-life were taken into account...I wonder what uber-feminists do in their time off...I bet they're all closet quilters...