Friday, September 04, 2009

Angry...

Okay, so I met up with my cousins at a local coffeehouse. Objective: good fellowship and writing. I didn't get much writing done because I was so out of the habit (new job = not a lot of spare time until I get into the swing of things). Anyway, I did write a little today. Fired up from that, I came home to open up my novella and possibly add some to it. First, I couldn't find my novella. I found the first chapter and nothing more on my computer's hard drive. No biggie, I thought, I'll get out the old flash drive--it'll be there in its entirety. No. It's gone. The victim of a corrupted file. Now I'm not even in the mood to write. I'm just mad. I know I've printed out the stuff I've written, but I also didn't bring it with me. The stuff is nearly 1300 miles away. That is not cool with me. I mean yeah, I can still write chapters, but I'm not happy with my USB drive right now. Of all things to ruin, it ATE MY NOVELLA. (insert expletive of your choice here--insert a couple actually).

I have to head to the school to hold my office hour. Maybe I can get some grading done and feel better about the whole prospect of writing afterward. Thing is, I thought I had my novella saved in about three different places, so I don't know what happened.

2 comments:

Roan said...

This news makes me ill. I'm going to burn a few cd's this weekend.

Marguerite said...

Don't despair just yet. Perhaps we can find a way to retrieve it.