Saturday, May 02, 2009

True Colours Thursday on Saturday--Craft Edition

Once again, apologies for the lateness of my post. At least I'm a day earlier this week! Here are a couple of crafty shots of projects I'm working on.


This is some embroidery floss I have separated out on a card for a large counted cross stitch project I'm working on. I bought the kit for $3 at a church rummage sale. Didn't stop to consider what an overwhelming project it might become! I'm guessing this particular kit would probably cost at least $20 retail, so I got a really good deal on it, even if it does take me a while to use all those colors!


And speaking of taking a while, these blocks are granny squares for an afghan that I started literally years ago. I was probably in community college at the time so... I could have started it seven years ago? Anyway, I didn't use a pattern, but I decided to make a granny square of each of these rainbow colors and then crochet them together with brown yarn to make an afghan. If I ever get the thing finished, I'm planning to donate it to a charity.

True Colours Thursday is hosted by friend Blue.

3 comments:

Roan said...

I really like the granny squares. Perhaps I might be the charitable case? I had a baby quilt I started before brother's second child was born. I finally tossed it last year. It was knit, and I'm not all that fond of knitting. Let's see, that was over...wow 30 years ago!

Marguerite said...

Very nice. I especially like the granny squares!

Deeptesh said...

Colorful like life.